Shimoda Core Unit Large DV — Parisian Nights
Pickup available at Camera West Rancho Mirage
Usually ready in 24 hours
Like all Shimoda Core Units, it is made with Shimoda's high-quality EVA laminated dividers and sidewalls, a lightweight and versatile removable skin, and an aluminum frame to add extra rigidity and support.
The Large DV Core Unit is just shy of maxing out the X70 and DV Roller, so it can still be combined with a Small Core Unit for additional configuration options
- Cine/DV Camera Fit - Sized to accommodate taller cine cameras like RED, Canon C300, Sony FS-7, etc. The extra depth also makes it ideal for packing ready-to-shoot DSLR or Mirrorless video setups, and it can even hold a DJI MAVIC drone standing vertically. While its roots stem from adventure-video needs, it is also a great fit for cameras with large super-telephoto lenses.
- Built for the Action X70 and DV Roller - Shimoda's DV Core Units are specifically built for their X70 Backpack and DV Roller. Both bags offer a very generous amount of volume for creators who need to pack and protect a large amount of gear.
- Lightweight Water-Resistant & Multi-purpose Skin - The included Skin’s primary function is a storage case for the padded Core Units, ideal for when your gear is at home and not in use. It keeps the Core Unit sealed and dust-free. Its secondary function is to use as a packing cell. A user can fill it with clothing or other common items and pack it in their backpack or carry-on roller.
- EVA Protective Shell and Dividers - Walls and dividers are constructed with EVA which ensures much greater protection than cheaper PE foams used in most camera bags. With EVA they have greater control over the density and quality of materials used to protect your gear. It also means the walls can be thinner and use less internal volume while still providing superior protection.
- Supportive Frame - The DV series Core Units have an added frame around the rim of the opening. This ensures the insert keeps its shape and does not collapse when carried inside the backpack. The frame also adds stiffness and support to both the pack and insert, helping distribute the weight of heavy loads.
Features at a Glance
All our shipments are fully insured. For shipments valued over $200, a direct signature will be required upon delivery.
We utilize various shipping carriers, with FedEx Express being our primary choice for 2-Day and Overnight shipping within the US, as well as International deliveries.
We accept returns within 14 days of delivery, subject to a restocking fee of up to 15%. This fee is not for profit, but to cover the costs associated with selling an item. Each return is evaluated individually, and we strive to minimize this fee. In many instances, we waive it entirely if the refund credit can be applied towards another item in the store.
Please note, all returned items must be in the condition in which they were shipped. If the items are returned in a different condition, we will not be able to accept them.
We highly recommend visiting us in person to experience our fine photographic tools before deciding which tool best fits your needs. Please note that our inventory is distributed among our three stores, and what you see online may be at any of these locations. Below are a few points that we’d like to make in order to meet your needs for in store pick up.
The location of each item is indicated online. For convenience, you can choose to pick up your item at any of our stores. Once purchased, the item should be ready for pick up within 4 hours at the designated store, although this might vary depending on the store's busyness and time of day. We request that you wait for a notification from us confirming that your order is ready for pick up, to ensure the best service.
If your chosen item is not available at your preferred store, we can transfer it there after purchase. If you want to pick up an item at a different store, select that store for pick up during checkout, or choose a regular shipping method and let us know your preferred pick up store via email@example.com or by responding to your order confirmation email.
For any questions about in-store pick up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll do our best to accommodate your needs.
We offer a concierge trade-in program for the gear you'd like to upgrade, cross-grade, or simply pass on to a new owner. This enables you to acquire the tools that fit your specific needs. The easiest way to trade is to bring your gear into one of our stores and meet with us in person. However, we also accommodate those who can't visit our stores. Our online process is both personal and simple.
To begin, fill out the form on our Trade // Sell page with the details of the fine photographic equipment or watches you'd like to trade in. One of our team members will then contact you to confirm any details we might need for an accurate estimate. We will provide an estimate that doesn’t only look at the value of your trade in but the whole picture of where you want to go. If the estimate is satisfactory to you, we can provide a shipping label for you to ship your gear to one of our stores for a final inspection and store credit. Finally, we apply that credit towards your new gear!