Shimoda Core Unit Medium DSLR V2 — Parisian Nights
Pickup currently unavailable at Camera West Rancho Mirage
The Shimoda Medium DSLR Core Unit V2 includes all the popular features of Shimoda's Core Unit system, including EVA laminated dividers and sidewalls, a lightweight and versatile removable skin, and an aluminum frame to add extra rigidity and support.
The DSLR depth is ideal for mirrorless and DSLR cameras (including gripped bodies) up to 16 cm (6.3 in) tall along with lenses as long as 70-200mm 2.8.
- Pro Mirrorless/DSLR Camera Fit - Designed to fit mid- to Pro-size camera equipment such as gripped Mirrorless or gripped DSLR bodies as tall as the Canon EOS-1DX or Nikon D5 with lenses as long as 70-200mm 2.8. It is designed to fit gear with greater depth requirements, though it is just as useful for protecting a larger kit of mirrorless or compact DSLR gear.
- Quick Side Camera Access - Integrates seamlessly with the side access of the Action X50 backpack, and it will also fit in every available Shimoda backpack and roller with the exception of the Action X30.
- Modular Stacking - The Medium DSLR Core Unit V2 Unit allows a user the option to stack a Small Core Unit on top of the Medium -- creating a similar volume to a large insert. By doing this you can have a greater range of owning both Medium and Small Core Units. For example, you have the option of using just the Small Unit, just a Medium Unit, or using both together to equal a Large Core Unit volume.
- Lightweight Water-Resistant & Multi-purpose Skin - The included Skin’s primary function is a storage case for the padded Core Units, ideal for when your gear is at home and not in use. It keeps the Core Unit sealed and dust-free. Its secondary function is to use as a packing cell. A user can fill it with clothing or other common items and pack it in their backpack or carry-on roller.
- EVA Protective Shell and Dividers - Walls and dividers are constructed with EVA which ensures much greater protection than cheaper PE foams used in most camera bags. With EVA we have greater control over the density and quality of materials used to protect your gear. It also means the walls can be thinner and use less internal volume while still providing superior protection.
Features at a Glance
All our shipments are fully insured. For shipments valued over $200, a direct signature will be required upon delivery.
We utilize various shipping carriers, with FedEx Express being our primary choice for 2-Day and Overnight shipping within the US, as well as International deliveries.
We accept returns within 14 days of delivery, subject to a restocking fee of up to 15%. This fee is not for profit, but to cover the costs associated with selling an item. Each return is evaluated individually, and we strive to minimize this fee. In many instances, we waive it entirely if the refund credit can be applied towards another item in the store.
Please note, all returned items must be in the condition in which they were shipped. If the items are returned in a different condition, we will not be able to accept them.
We highly recommend visiting us in person to experience our fine photographic tools before deciding which tool best fits your needs. Please note that our inventory is distributed among our three stores, and what you see online may be at any of these locations. Below are a few points that we’d like to make in order to meet your needs for in store pick up.
The location of each item is indicated online. For convenience, you can choose to pick up your item at any of our stores. Once purchased, the item should be ready for pick up within 4 hours at the designated store, although this might vary depending on the store's busyness and time of day. We request that you wait for a notification from us confirming that your order is ready for pick up, to ensure the best service.
If your chosen item is not available at your preferred store, we can transfer it there after purchase. If you want to pick up an item at a different store, select that store for pick up during checkout, or choose a regular shipping method and let us know your preferred pick up store via firstname.lastname@example.org or by responding to your order confirmation email.
For any questions about in-store pick up, please email email@example.com. We'll do our best to accommodate your needs.
We offer a concierge trade-in program for the gear you'd like to upgrade, cross-grade, or simply pass on to a new owner. This enables you to acquire the tools that fit your specific needs. The easiest way to trade is to bring your gear into one of our stores and meet with us in person. However, we also accommodate those who can't visit our stores. Our online process is both personal and simple.
To begin, fill out the form on our Trade // Sell page with the details of the fine photographic equipment or watches you'd like to trade in. One of our team members will then contact you to confirm any details we might need for an accurate estimate. We will provide an estimate that doesn’t only look at the value of your trade in but the whole picture of where you want to go. If the estimate is satisfactory to you, we can provide a shipping label for you to ship your gear to one of our stores for a final inspection and store credit. Finally, we apply that credit towards your new gear!